What is HOP Into Your Future?
HOP Into Your Future is an exciting new programme for young people who are:
- Aged 16-24
- Not in education, employment or training
- Hertfordshire residents and eligible to work in the UK
Full suitability and eligibility criteria will be discussed when you contact us or make a referral. Please see below for how to get in touch with us about this programme.
What is involved?
- Up to 12 hours of work tasters, tailored to the young person's areas of interest
- The opportunity to access a 70-hour work experience placement following a taster session
- The chance to develop knowledge, skills and employability characteristics in a real work environment
- An allocated employer mentor to support the young person to be successful in their placement
- The opportunity for the 70-hour placement to be converted into an employment trial or apprenticeship
Where is the programme delivered?
The programme is being delivered across Hertfordshire. Initial support is provided by Services for Young People advisors in Access Point Projects and/or virtually, followed by employer mentoring in the workplace.
Contact us to find out more
Young people can visit their local Access Point Project or complete this form and we'll get in touch:
We ask for this information so we can contact you.
To find out how we look after your personal data please read our Data Protection information.
Refer a young person to the HOP Into Your Future programme
Parents/carers and professionals who work with young people can refer a young person to the programme either by completing the above form or by completing the HOP Into Your Future referral form and emailing it to HOPintoYourFuture@hertfordshire.gov.uk.
Are you a Hertfordshire employer?
HOP Into Your Future is a fantastic opportunity for young people but it’s also got lots of great benefits for employers.
- Discover local talented job seekers
- Receive expert mentoring training for your team (fully funded)
- Access support and guidance to set up work tasters
- Be introduced to excellent training providers
- Receive up to £1000 in incentives and help with accessing additional government support
- PR and media opportunities for your company
Click the link below to find out how employers can get involved:
This programme is funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.