Services for Young People now delivers the Apprenticeship Support and Knowledge for Schools and Colleges (ASK) programme in Hertfordshire.
We deliver a wide range of inspiring activities and workshops to students in School Years 10-13 to inform them about apprenticeships, traineeships and T Levels.
We work directly with schools, colleges and training providers to assess their requirements and deliver a bespoke package which supports teachers, careers advisers and parents/carers as well as students.
What sort of support is provided?
- Awareness assemblies
- Interactive apprenticeship registration workshops
- CV and application workshops
- Mock assessment centre workshops and mock interviews
- Attendance at careers fairs
- Resources such as subject guides, activity packs and videos
- Apprentice Ambassador visit, live virtual event or recorded presentation
For teachers, careers advisers, parents/carers
- Awareness presentations and planning support
- Teacher CPD/inset day sessions or parent/carer events
- Apprenticeship application information sessions
- Resources such as posters, webinars, handbooks and translated materials
Complete the online form on the Apprenticeships website and we will get in touch to arrange a time for a planning meeting (virtually or in person) to discuss your needs.
All activities and resources have been cross-referenced to the Gatsby Benchmarks to support schools and colleges when recording their activities on Compass.
The ASK programme is fully funded by the Department for Education so is free for schools, colleges and training providers.
SfYP delivers the ASK programme in Hertfordshire on behalf of CXK and the Department for Education.