What is Access to All?
The Access to All programme aims to inspire students in Stevenage schools to consider careers in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Stevenage has a strong and well-established STEM sector with world leaders in aerospace, engineering, electronics and pharmaceuticals. Despite this, many local young people don't currently consider careers within these sectors.
Access to All provides Year 9 students with opportunities to learn about a range of STEM careers, entry routes and required qualifications to help them make informed decisions about subject choices for their GCSEs that would support a future career in STEM.
Working in partnership with STEM employers, Services for Young People delivers valuable learning experiences to ensure that local STEM employers have access to a qualified and enthusiastic future workforce.
What does the programme involve?
The Access to All programme involves a variety of engaging activities and challenges, both in and out of school, including:
- Workshops and projects to develop STEM knowledge
- Meeting STEM employers and workplace visits
- Presentations on options at 16, including sixth form, further education and training
- Visits to a college for a taste of college life and information about the variety of relevant courses available
- Support to access Hertfordshire’s Opportunities Portal (HOP) for information on STEM careers and the required skills
- Workshops and opportunities for parents/carers to increase their knowledge of STEM careers
SfYP Advisers and Youth Workers work closely with teachers, other careers professionals and parents/carers, and offer additional support to any young people facing challenges that may affect their engagement with the programme, helping them overcome any barriers to pursuing a STEM career pathway.
Access to All is funded and supported by Mission 44.
Monitoring and evaluation
Throughout the delivery of the pilot programme, feedback will be sought from parents/carers, employers and schools to assess its effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
Please click on the relevant link below to complete the evaluation form.
For any other enquiries about Access to All, please complete the form below to contact the SfYP Talent Mentor.
To find out how we look after your personal data please read our Data Protection information.