What is the Pathways to Success programme?
Pathways to Success is a tailored programme which combines careers activities that are proven to enable sustained entry into education, employment or training (EET) for young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET) or at risk of becoming NEET and may lack motivation or skills. The programme is delivered by Services for Young People and is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
Who is Pathways to Success for?
- Young people aged 15-17 (Year 11 or 12) who are at risk of being out of education, employment or training
- Young people aged 16-24 who are currently not in education employment or training.
Participants must live in Hertfordshire, be a permanent resident of the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
What does the programme include?
The programme includes 30 hours of support and guidance over 1–6 months plus a 5-15 day work experience placement (currently we are offering alternatives to work experience, due to social distancing).
During this time young people will:
- Complete tailored activities that meet their needs – we will plan these with them
- Complete a work experience placement (if possible)
- Receive support in accessing functional skills in English and Maths (if required)
- Receive guidance to help them into a job, education or training
- Benefit from follow up support if needed for six months following completion of the programme.
What are the benefits?
The programme gives young people individually tailored support to enable them to progress into education, employment or training, helping them explore career pathway choices and gain knowledge of the steps needed to further achieve their goals. It enables young people to develop knowledge, skills and employability characteristics in a real-work environment and to develop links with employers.
Where is the programme delivered?
The programme is delivered in venues across the whole of Hertfordshire, either at Services for Young People Access Points or in school or college for those who are currently in education. However, during this period of social distancing we are delivering this programme virtually online.
Enquire about the programme
Please fill out the form below or call us on 0300 123 7538 to find out more.