Do you know someone who needs help improving their maths skills or wants to feel more confident with numbers?
Step2Skills Multiply workshops aim to help adults improve their number skills through practical activities. The workshops can help with tasks in daily life and also offer the opportunity to gain a qualification to support career progression.
Who is eligible?
Multiply is for people who:
- Live in Hertfordshire
- Are aged 19 or above
- Do not hold a GCSE (Grade C or above) or an equivalent qualification in maths
What is covered?
Examples of topics covered are:
- Money management
- Making sense of numbers in daily life
- Understanding Excel
- Developing numeracy skills for healthcare
- Using numbers while cooking
- Using numbers in music
There are 14 learning providers who deliver the Step2Skills Multiply Project in Hertfordshire. To find one running near you, please visit the Step2Skills website, where you can also find more detail about the project.
The Community Development Practitioner in the SfYP SEND Team is supporting the Step2Skills Multiply Project in Hertfordshire and is actively engaging young adults who are already being supported by Hertfordshire County Council Children's Services or other voluntary or community services. Our practitioner offers different ways to make information about the project easy to understand and accessible to all. This includes one-to-one discussions, presenting information to the public, attending staff meetings and delivering bespoke sessions.
If you are interested or for more information, please contact the SfYP SEND Team or complete the expression of interest form below.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a Word version of the Multiply expression of interest form.
- 01438 845 047
By completing the expression of interest form, you are agreeing to the following:
- Step2Skills will use the data to identify and record the type and level of support required and communicate with me on matters relating to numeracy skills, employment skills or on other topics as relevant to my specific needs.
- Partners on the Step2Skills Multiply programme may store my personal data and it will be used for the purpose of recording services provided and actions relating to support offered.
- The data will be transferred to Step2Skills as part of the Multiply project – for monitoring overall engagement with, and progression from, the project.
- This data will be stored electronically on Step2Skills secure management information system and deleted after 7 years as per the Department for Education regulations for this project.
To find out more how we look after your personal data please read our data protection information.
Multiply is a UK national provision funded by the Department for Education. Step2Skills has secured funding to deliver the programme across Hertfordshire.