Hertfordshire has good rail links into London and to other parts of the UK and is served by a number of major roads such as the M1, A1(M) and the M25.
Intalink is Hertfordshire's travel information website. You can:-
- Look at the latest information about travel in Hertfordshire
- Plan your journey
- Download timetables
- View town maps showing bus-stops and routes (Timetables section)
Discounted bus fares
- Hertfordshire Savercard - If you are aged 11-18, live in Hertfordshire and are in full-time education, a Hertfordshire Savercard can entitle you to discounted bus fares
- Arriva Buses - offer discounted Student Saver Tickets to all students
Travelling to college
Colleges will have information about travelling and financial support on their websites:
Travelling by train
- You can check train times and plan a journey by rail using the National Rail website
- There are a number of different types of tickets available, depending on when and where you are travelling. Restrictions sometimes apply meaning that you may only be able to travel on certain trains, so it important to check this before you buy a ticket.
Discounted train fares
- 16-25 Railcard -Discounted train fares for young people aged 16-25
- Information about discounts on the National Rail website
Travelling into London
- For information about travelling into London, visit the Transport for London website
- If you travel into London on a regular basis, find out about a Travelcard or Oyster card
Visit our TRAVEL page for other useful information.