Smoking, alcohol awareness and substance misuse
Value of the programme
Our professional Youth Workers can support schools to deliver tailored programmes which help students to develop a greater understanding of smoking, alcohol and substance misuse. The programmes are designed to support students’ personal development, behaviour and welfare.
Through the programme the group will:
- Learn about the personal and social consequences and health risks related to smoking, alcohol and drug misuse
- Improve their understanding of the link between physical and emotional wellbeing
- Understand the risks associated with smoking, alcohol and substance misuse and develop strategies to minimise those risks for themselves, friends and family members, including where to access support.
We will work with you to:
- Deliver groupwork sessions tailored to the needs of your students
- Help your students develop resilience and strategies for maintaining emotional and physical health.
What are the benefits?
Students in years 7-13 in schools and colleges will benefit from tailored and engaging sessions delivered by professionals using experiments and demonstrations, effectively teaching them about the consequences of smoking, alcohol and drug misuse, enabling them to make informed decisions about their own health.
Delivery area: Hertfordshire