Value of the programme
Mentoring has proven to be a powerful personal development tool for young people. Employer mentoring is designed to support students to raise aspirations, improve educational attainment and gain a greater awareness of and motivation towards a career pathway. With the right mentor and a clear occupational focus, a student may improve their attendance, their behaviour, their attitude to learning and their focus on their studies.
- Employer mentors meet with students on a regular basis for a period of six months
- Mentoring is focused on assisting the student to achieve specified and agreed goals
- All meetings will take place in school during school hours or virtually to suit the student's needs.
Services for Young People offers:
- One-to-one mentoring from local employers, face-to-face and/or virtually
- Local supervision/support provided for the mentor
- Industry/subject specific mentoring where requested
- 6–12 sessions over 3-6 months
- Sourcing and training mentors from a wide variety of industry backgrounds
- Ensuring mentors are fully briefed on working in schools
- Ensuring mentors are DBS checked before working with a mentee
- Any students identified in years 8–13
- Face-to-face delivery: Herts, Beds, Cambs, Bucks, Essex and North London
- Virtual delivery: any location
Who should purchase this service?
- Careers leaders/coordinators
- Curriculum planners
- Pastoral Managers
"My mentor has helped with my confidence, self-esteem/worth, my attitude towards school and home life.”
- Dacorum student