Gatsby Benchmark 8
"Every pupil should have opportunities for guidance interviews with a careers adviser, trained to an appropriate level. These should be available whenever significant study or career choices are being made. They should be expected for all pupils and be timed to meet their individual needs."
- Has every pupil had at least one interview by the age of 16?
- Has every pupil had the opportunity for a further interview by the age of 18?
We will enable your students to participate in:
- One to one guidance
- Action planning with recorded outcomes
- Exam result day support
We can also provide you with methods to monitor and record students’ progression.
- Students in years 7–13 in schools and colleges
- Face-to-face delivery: Herts, Beds, Cambs, Bucks, Essex and North London
- Virtual delivery: any location
Who should purchase these services?
- Careers Leaders/Coordinators
- Head of Sixth Form
- Head of Pastoral Care
"My adviser was extremely knowledgeable and informed, very approachable and enthusiastic, obviously keen to help. Takes joy in helping young adults.” Young person, Broxbourne
Impactful guidance interviews and action plans
In accordance with the statutory duty, CEC and CDI recommendations, Services for Young People encourages careers guidance interviews to be a minimum of 45 minutes to ensure that they are impactful, and result in a full typed SMART (specific; measurable; attainable; relevant; and time bound) action plan based on goals, discussion points and action.