Young people can get involved in exciting activities and discussions, learn new skills and get support from our Youth Workers on any concerns they may have.
Full details of the 2023 summer term projects for young people are now online.
See the projects in your district here: Projects for young people in your area
Professionals, parents/carers or young people themselves can contact their local team to join or make a referral.
At Services for Young People (SfYP) projects qualified Youth Workers deliver curriculum programmes to support young people:
- to stay safe, develop healthy relationships and learn about exploitation and the risks of involvement in antisocial behaviour, gangs, violence and crime
- with their emotional wellbeing and mental health learning new skills and developing interests to better manage anxiety and develop resilience
- with learning difficulties and/or learning disabilities to form friendships, learn skills for independent living and take part in sports, drama, cooking and many other activities
- in the LGBT+ community by providing a safe, inclusive environment where they can discuss issues important to them and meet other LGBT+ young people in their area
- to get their voices heard and improve services for young people in their local area
- to achieve their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award by completing their volunteering, physical or skills challenges
Young people can also get confidential one-to-one support at their local Access Point Project.